All branches of the military including army, navy, air force, marines, have vast inventories of infrastructure that require force protection and hardening against blast load effects.
These facilities may be at home or abroad in potentially hostile territories. The force protection may be from outside threats with a focus on the buildings in the perimeter of a base or freestanding buildings among civilian facilities in metropolitan areas. They could similarly include buildings located within a military base.
The force protection may be from outside threats with a focus on the buildings in the perimeter of a base or freestanding buildings among civilian facilities in metropolitan areas. They could similarly include buildings located within a military base.
Our engineered Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) solutions offer fast, long-lasting and economical repair alternatives to owners, architect/engineers and contractors involved with refineries and petrochemical plants to ensure the project is completed on time, within budget and with minimum disruption of service. These systems are particularly ideal when the repairs have to be completed in a short shutdown time frame.
In most cases, our engineers can provide a complete “turnkey” design-build solution that includes sealed engineering drawings by our in-house engineers, all of the materials needed, and installation by one of our approved and certified installers. Our construction company is fully trained and compliant with the safety regulations in refineries and petrochemical plants. This unique turnkey design-build approach results in significant efficiency, time and cost-savings, and minimizes the potential errors and delays that can result when multiple groups are involved in one project.
We also welcome the opportunity to partner with owners, architects, engineers and contractors by providing any single aspect of the project, i.e., design, materials, or installation for a specific project.
Some of the repair and strengthening projects in this industry that can benefit from FRP solutions are:
1. Strengthening of floors, beams, columns and walls as a result of change of use in existing buildings, or placement of additional loads, etc. using PileMedic®
2. Repair and strengthening of steel, concrete and fiberglass tanks
3. Repair of corrosion damaged columns, floors, stairways, etc.
4. Repair of corrosion-damaged beams, walls and columns in cooling towers with PileMedic®
5. Blast retrofit/mitigation or force protection of the key structures such as control rooms against terrorist attacks or accidental explosion
6. Seismic strengthening of concrete and masonry buildings for enhanced resiliency in case a major earthquake occurs
7. Trenchless repair of high-pressure pipelines (internally or externally) with wet layup, StifPipe® or InfinitPipe®
8. Repair of jetties and submerged piles that may be a part of the plant, e.g. jetties used as unloading facilities
9. Repair and strengthening of chimneys and smokestacks